Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Love My CV may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an Love My CV account, purchase a product, download an update, register for a class at an Love My CV, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Love My CV products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to join you on Love My CV forums, Love My CV may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Love My CV's latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences either in your account or on the digital mail outs or services provided.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Love My CV, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Love My CV's products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Love My CV product is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Love My CV may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a "click-through URL" linked to content on the Love My CV website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Love My CV may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Love My CV to provide products and services, or that help Love My CV market to customers. For example, if you sign up for a training class we may pass on your details to the associated training facility to carry out this service. Personal information will only be shared by Love My CV to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Love My CV shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Love My CV operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Love My CV to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Love My CV takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by Love My CV, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some Love My CV products, services, or applications or post on a Love My CV forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at http://www.lovemycv.co.uk/. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Love My CV is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the Contact Form.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 except where a parent has set up a Love My CV account for their child. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on Love My CV products, Love My CV and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Love My CV computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Love My CV and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Love My CV websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party CV supplier or designer. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by our privacy practices.
All information collected by Love My CV is registered and adhered to by the laws and requirements of our registered country. Please seek additional help should you require special treatment in this area.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Love My CV employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction/county. If you ask us, we will endeavour to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.